In the 20th century, the runes re-emerged in the context of diabolic magic during the Third Reich and neopaganism. Ralph Blum, a New York-based rune reader, began developing a process for rune oracle divination in the 1980s. Since then, several other authors have expanded the process and added new interpretations.
Irrespective of it's long and often mysterious (not to mention misunderstood) history, the fact remains that using a rune reading is an ancient art of predicting future events and interpreting your life. Unlike traditional fortune telling, runes do not require one to be psychic. Willingness to be open-minded and tune into one's own subconscious intuition is all that is required to obtain a great Rune-reading. Once you've chosen a rune, you should focus on what it means and message it holds for you.
You can use a Three Life Rune Divination spread to explore past incarnations. There are five runes involved in this spread. Place the Runes into a cloth pouch, and remove five of them, placing them in the following order.
- The first Rune goes on the right side of you work area. This Rune represents your childhood and birth of your current life.
- The second Rune is placed to the left. This Rune indicates your present.
- The third Rune is placed to the left of the second. This Rune represents your future in this lifetime.
- The fourth Rune is below the second Rune. This Rune indicates and reveals your past incarnation.
- The fifth Rune goes above the second Rune. This Rune indicates and reveals your next, i.e., future incarnation.
Interpret the Runes in relation to their positions and relate them to what should be gained, i.e. what soul-lessons must be learnt from each incarnation.