There are different types of cabbages with the most common ones being red cabbages, green cabbages and savoy cabbages. The differences between them are found in the patterns of their glucosinolates. Savoy cabbages are a good source of sinigrin which according to research, is useful in preventing various types of cancers such as colon cancer, cancer of the bladder and prostate cancer.
On the other hand, red cabbage is highly recommended because it is rich in anthocyanin polyphenols that protect the body in a better way than green cabbage compounds.
- Cabbages help in cancer prevention
- Cabbages act as antioxidants
- Helps in supporting the digestive track
We can conclude that cabbages are the best gift you can give to your health. They also provide support to the cardiovascular system and reduce body cholesterol. Cabbage juice is also of great medicinal value when taken frequently. The more you take cabbages, the longer you are likely to live. For this reason, when planning your next meal, ensure to include cabbages.
- Why is snacking between meals considered healthy?
- Microgreens- a tasty and sustainable choice for a healthy lifestyle
- Eating Carrots for Health & Vitality