Saint Joseph - Patron of the Universal Church, fathers, and workers; Feast day: March 19
Saint Joseph holds a special place in Christian tradition as Jesus Christ's earthly father.
Born in Bethlehem and living in Nazareth, he worked as a carpenter and was married to the Virgin Mary. His unwavering faith and dedication to God made him a model for fatherhood, virtue, and faith.
People often pray to Saint Joseph for different reasons, hoping to receive various blessings:
- Protection: Since he protected the Holy Family, many ask Saint Joseph to watch over their own families and homes, keeping them safe.
- Fatherhood and family life: As an exemplary father, he offers guidance and support to other fathers and families in their everyday lives.
- Workers: As the patron saint of workers, praying to Saint Joseph can bring support to those in the workforce, especially manual laborers.
- The Universal Church: Being the patron saint of the Universal Church, Saint Joseph is asked to intercede for the church and its members.
- The dying: Known as the patron of a happy death, people pray to Saint Joseph for comfort and spiritual support when facing death or grieving a loved one.