When pesky bugs and critters get inside our house, we are faced with some challenging decisions! How to get rid of them…
Several of the insecticides available in the market are extremely harmful and are laden with chemicals that are toxic to humans. Of course exposure time and application site aeration is crucial, though it is but natural for one to breathe a little of this insecticide in, even as we are spraying the room.
When pesky bugs and critters get inside our house, we are faced with some challenging decisions!
1. One of the best pest prevention method is to keep the house clean. A clean house can definitely deter many of the common household pests and bugs. This may seem obvious but is definitely very important. Let us stress the importance by saying- very, very, very important!!!
2. The age-old fly swatter is definitely a chemical alternative. It can particularly come in handy during one off pest onslaughts, such as in the backyard on a summer afternoon. Another time-tested method which can be a natural alternative and very effective.
3. Bed bug scare!!! Boy, are they nasty and hard to get rid off!!! If your household is infected with these bad boys, then you can repeatedly sprinkle special insecticide powder called diatomaceous earth with repeated vacuuming.
4. Actually, Diatomaceous earth, which is an insecticide powder can be sprinkled on any pest infested area and then vacuumed for effective relief, It works great on bed bugs, silverfish bugs and centipedes.
5. Venus Fly Trap plant is a great natural alternative to catch small household flies and bugs. Particularly pesky fruit flies! Having this little plant near kitchen sink and other high “critter gateway” areas will surely help…