There are supposed to be seven main and twenty-one minor chakras. Each of these chakras energetically govern certain areas of the physical body and thus by energetically healing the chakras, one can achieve a very beneficial effect on the corresponding part in the physical body.
Each Chakra and their physical body co-relation is as follows-
- First chakra which is at the base of the spine governs Kidneys, Excretion and Adrenal Glands.
- Second chakra which is in the sacral center governs the Genital System.
- Third chakra which is in the solar plexus region governs Stomach and the Digestive System.
- Fourth chakra which is in the heart region governs Heart and Lungs.
- Fifth chakra which is in the throat region governs Throat, Speech, Hearing, Nervous System and the Thyroid.
- Sixth chakra which is in the Brow Center governs Pituitary Gland, Eyes and Brain.
- Seventh chakra which is in the Crown Center region governs the Pineal Gland. It has a comprehensive effect on the general well-being of the person's entire mind, body and spirit.
The healing effects of the various essential oils on the Chakra centers are as follows-
Solar Plexus Chakra