Next, add some whole cumin seeds. To make this even more healing-helpful, you may want to add a pinch of asafoetida. Once cumin starts to give out their fragrance, add thinly chopped onions.
To add variety of taste, I have used a mix of white and red onions. As these onion soften, add corn and let cook for few minutes. Sprinkle some dried oregano, dried chives, freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste. Next add finely chopped fresh cilantro and cook till corn is al-dente cooked- i.e. cooked thru but still is firm to feel.
- If you are cooking in a small kitchen or simply ‘hate’ doing dishes, then you can use the same pan to sauté onions, cook corn as well as heat up (and flavor) any fish or meat that you want to serve with this salad.
- While this corn-onion mix is cooking, stack it over your fish, so that it absorbs the wonderful flavors of these herbs and spices.
- In addition to cooked onions, finely chop a little piece of white onion. Similarly use only part of finely chopped fresh cilantro. Both cooked and raw onions and cilantro, lend different tastes and a balanced mix of the two will really ROCK your salad!
Now coarsely chop up some Roma tomatoes. I prefer the Roma variety, since it is more firm and fleshly for such salads. But, you can use any other tomato variety as well. Pile up our cooked onion and corn mix. Add finely chopped white onions along with some fresh cilantro.
Top up with your fish or meat for a complete one-dish healthy meal or simply enjoy the veggies as a warm, hearty salad!
Read about healing health benefits of including tomatoes in your diet.
It looks gorgeous and tastes great. Hope you enjoy it. Do let me know how yours turned out in comments below…
- Tomato & Cucumber salad full of Moroccan healing herbs and spices
- You can obtain many health benefits by adding Thyme to your cooking!!
- Microgreens- a tasty and sustainable choice for a healthy lifestyle
- Here are some of the amazing health benefits you can receive from eating Cauliflower...
Quick Healthy Eats
Keywords and Tags:
#DeliciousSummerEats #ILoveTomato #ILoveCorn #TomatoSalad #TomatoandCorn #healthyrecipe #eatingsmart #eatinghealthy #healthandwellness #simplehealthyfoods #healthfood #nutritiousfood