Here are five reasons why you should include tomatoes in your daily diet:
- Tomatoes have high amounts of many vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, B3, B6 and Biotin, Vitamin K, Folate, Phosphorus, Vitamin E, Potassium, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron, Choline along with Fiber and some protein.
- Fresh tomatoes and tomato extracts have been shown to help lower total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides. So tomatoes are great for maintaining heart-health.
- Tomatoes are widely known for their outstanding antioxidant content, including their rich concentration of lycopene, which makes tomatoes great for maintaining good bone health.
- Tomatoes can help lower risk of prostate cancer in men and other forms of cancer in both men and women.
- Diets that include tomatoes have been linked with reduced risk of Alzheimer's disease as well as reduced risk of obesity.