Here are 11 amazing thought-provoking quotes by the Gautam Buddha:
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
- Better than worshiping gods is obedience to the laws of righteousness.
- We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
- There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
- To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
- Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
- Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.