- Incarnation of Lord Vishnu: Lord Balaji, another name for Lord Venkateswara, is regarded as an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, appearing in the Kali Yuga to guide his devotees. His divine presence in Tirumala is believed to bestow grace, blessings, and spiritual liberation.
- Marriage to Padmavathi: According to lore, Lord Balaji, during his time on Earth, met and fell in love with Princess Padmavathi. To marry her, he took a loan from Kubera, the god of wealth. It is believed that the offerings by devotees at the temple help in repaying this celestial debt.
- Tirumala Venkateswara Temple: Nestled atop the seven hills in Tirumala, Andhra Pradesh, this temple dedicated to Lord Balaji is among the world's most visited sacred sites. Every day, countless pilgrims visit for darshan, seeking the Lord's blessings.
- Rituals and Ceremonies: Daily rites include the Suprabhata Seva, in which the deity is gently awakened with hymns. Through the day, various rituals like Thomala Seva, Archana, and Kalyanotsavam take place, ending with the Ekantha Seva, symbolizing the Lord's rest.
- Hair Offering: A distinct ritual at Tirumala involves devotees shaving their heads and offering the hair to Lord Balaji. This act symbolizes surrendering ego and seeking the divine grace of the Lord.
- Laddu Prasadam: The temple's prasadam, a sweet delicacy known as "Tirupati Laddu", is famed worldwide. This offering, believed to carry the Lord's blessings, is sought after by devotees.
- Financial Offerings: Devotees donate generously to the deity. The temple's collection is channeled into various charitable activities overseen by the TTD (Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams) trust.
- Brahmotsavam: This annual festival, spanning nine days, is celebrated with grandeur. The deity is taken on processions on various vahanas (divine vehicles) amidst fervent devotion and festive joy.
- Dress Code: Pilgrims visiting the temple are advised to wear traditional attire to uphold the temple's sanctity and tradition.
The divine aura surrounding Lord Balaji - The deity of Tirumala Venkateswara Temple, the fervent rituals, and the deep faith of the devotees make the worship of Lord Balaji a spiritually enriching experience.