Daily Early Morning Routine:
- Wake up early in the morning, preferably between 4.30 am (for Kapha) to 6.00 am (for Vata).
- Say a short prayer or take a moment to be conscious of your true essence before stepping out of the bed. Giving thanks for a wonderful night’s sleep and requesting guidance for the day is also a good way to start the day.
- Brush your teeth, rinse your mouth very well and wash your face. Scrape your tongue. Splash some cool water on your eyes. Doing this is not only refreshing, but much of digestive toxins get settled in the mouth overnight (called Ama) and washing your mouth first thing is a great way to rid one’s body of these toxins and prevent any accumulation!
- Drink atleast one glass of warm to room temperature water. Drinking from a copper glass where you have kept water overnight in it is the best way. But fresh spring water also works well. This helps with smooth bowel movements and gets elimination system to a good start. It gets the body ready to expel toxins and undigested materials from previous day.
- Swish some sesame oil in your mouth and gargle with it. It is a great way to lubricate your mouth and also help strengthen gums, teeth and arrest/heal any mouth sores or ulcers.
- Next chew on a handful of sesame seeds. This helps strengthen teeth and gums. Alternatively, one can chew on 3-5 dried dates and an inch of dried coconut meat. Chewing in the morning stimulates the liver and stomach and improves digestive fire. After chewing, brush your teeth again without using any toothpaste or powder.
Other Daily Routine (Dincharya) Steps:
Since our nose is the door to the brain, so nose drops nourish our overall prana and help with improved brain working (intelligence).
Next massage your head and body with some good massage oil or plain sesame oil. This helps to lubricate the skin, bones and joint. Doing this before going to bed ensures sound sleep.
In addition to these daily, dincharya routine steps also conduct atleast one session of Pranayama and daily Meditation to ensure high every level throughout the day.
Note: as always, make sure that you conduct these and any other health regimen changes with due consideration for your specific situation AND with proper consultation with a medical doctor.